Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Library is Under Attack...Or so it sounds.

The ONE day I wake up early to come to the library to get work done is the day the library is unbelievably distracting. First the power goes out, for some reason that no one can figure out. So about 2/3 of the computers shut down and the lights are blinking and the printers don't work. Then the beeping starts. It's a fun mix of a fire alarm and a burglary alarm. A very constant beep that is irritating to no end. Then on top of the rest the actual fire alarm goes off. So am I to believe that this is what goes on before 9 am? Because I haven't been awake this early in ages, so I wouldn't know. Or is this honestly what happens when we get a little rain at Queens University? No thunder, no lightning, not even heavy winds, just rain. No matter what this is not helping my chances of getting work done because the library itself is more distracting then if I go back to dorm and do my work from my bed periodically checking Facebook. So bed... Here I come. At least I tried to be studious first thing in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes intentions and a little footwork are the best we can do. How many times have I arrived at the gym to realize that I don't have my workout clothes? Dairy Queen here I come...At least I tried to be healthy.

    ReplyDelete